Larry Kim has written a full article about 6 SEO experiments that will blow your mind.
It is important for you to be aware of these aspects about SEO in order to improve the position of your sites in SERPS.
Here is a summary about all these experiments.
1. Does Organic Search Click-Through Rate Matter?
More than ever! Search engines reward pages that have high user engagement with top SERP positions.
2. Is Organic CTR an Organic Search Ranking Factor?
Pages that beat the expected average organic CTR for a given position were far more likely to rank in the top four positions.
3. Can Rewriting Your Titles Boost Your CTR?
If your organic CTR is low, use a more engaging headline formula that entices people to click like crasy.
4. Do Website Engagement Rates Impact Organic Search Rankings?
If your bounce rates, time on site, and conversion rates are above average, then your pages are more likely to be in top organic positions.
5. Do Engagement Metrics Impact the Selection of Featured Snippets?
As unusually high CTR and unusually high time on site can help Google find features snippets from content that doesn’t even rank on Page 1.
6. What’s the REAL Relationship Between Organic Rankings & Social Shares?
High social engagement rates correlate with high CTR, and vice versa. The link between organic ranking and social shares is how engaging your content is.